We’ve been working hard to grow great food for our local community. Partner with us to build a much needed hoophouse.
In the past two seasons we have made a lot of progress growing the farm. In 2018 we accomplished our dream of owning our own land. That helped us grow more varieties of fresh vegetables and herbs and allowed our produce to go to more customers at farmers market, to more restaurants, and to a growing number of grocery stores.
But now we need your help.
Typically someone might start a gofundme page or roll out a kickstarter campaign to ask for free money for a project like this. We don’t want to ask that of you.
Instead, we ask this: buy a Market Card
Here’s how it works
- Purchase the Market E-Card
- Write down the number and bring it with you to our farmers market(s) booth this summer and make your purchase(s)
- Enjoy the flexibility of picking the produce you want, when you want it, throughout the season
- You can even buy them to send as a gift to friends and family!
That’s it! Easy, right?
If this seems like a CSA to you, it kind of is. However, we want you to be able to pick the items you want at the times you want rather than us giving you big boxes of produce that you might not be ready for. Flexibility is the name of the game.
Purchasing the Market Card before the season starts help us gather the funds needed for the project and helps ensure we can get it constructed before the fall of 2019.
If you are ready to help us on this project and ready to GET YOUR MARKET E-CARD then you can stop reading.
Otherwise, here is more information on our hoophouse project
For those of you who may be wondering “What the heck is a hoophouse?!”
- a hoophouse is an unheated greenhouse where we will plant crops directly in the ground
For those of you who may be wondering “why do you need this thing?”
- a hoophouse essentially adds time to our growing season by keeping the crops warmer and out of the elements
- More time equals a LOT more produce.
- More time also equals produce earlier in the spring and later in the fall.
For those of you who may be wondering “How much is this going to cost?”
- the hoophouse that we want to construct will cost us around $7,000 with everything that is needed including ventilation
For those of you who may be wondering “Where are you going to put it?”
- Adjacent to our garden. Here’s a schematic:
It takes a community to build a healthy farm. We appreciate your help in seeing this hoophouse become a reality and be part of what is happening on one of the most exciting young farms in North Iowa.
If you have any questions that haven’t been addressed, please reach out to us: twisted river farm at gmail dot com